Tuesday, March 22, 2011

an awesome re-enactment of a phone conversation I heard!

As I sit here in my 4 x 4 zone of happiness; wondering how things can get any better. When I walked in the door this morning the “Air Talker” was singing an unrecognizable song this morning loud enough to hear as soon as I walk in the door. Then as she walks past me I hear some strange noise that I can only describe as whining dog. Then when she sits down she makes a phone call loud enough for me to hear; that was several hours ago now and I have been sitting here debating with myself if I was going to write about this as I only heard one side of the story. Well the evil in me has won once again as I feel like I would be dishonoring the people that read this blog if I did not tell this story.  
Please understand I only heard her side of the conversation so I will be re-enacting the conversation as I can only imagine the person on the other end of the phone was saying to her line of questioning.

KEY…AT = Air Talker( this side of the story is what I know for fact)
            PG = Poor Guy( the poor guy having to talk to her)

AT – HI my name is ……..and I will be staying at your hotel next month and I have a list of questions.
PG-  Hello …….. My name is Poor Guy and I will be happy to help you today and answer whatever questions you may have.
At-   Well how big is the room I will be staying in?
PG-  We have a lovely 16 x 16 room with a view of the Sanfrancisco Bay
AT-  Well how is the bed?
PG –  The bed are all very comfortable and are new within the last couple of years.
AT -  Just a few more questions.
PG -  ok what now?
AT -  Do you have free HBO or Showtime? I do not care which but I would like to have one.
PG -  I am sorry we do not offer those as people with lives do not normally sit in the room while in this great City to watch TV.
At -   Ok well how much are your in room movie rentals
PG -  Well as they are in most hotels there is a pay per view price of $12 per film.
AT -  Well obviously I will not be renting a movie from your hotel! How close is the nearest movie theatre?
PG  - I am not quite sure; just use the internet or your cell phone when you get here to find the closest one. BTW…don’t they have  a movie theatre where you live?? Just stay there!
AT – This is now my fifth call to your hotel since I made my reservations and I do not want to have to call again! Has my reservation been noted that I want a microwave in my room?
PG – I have spoken to you 3 out of those 5 times and I have also noted what a pain the butt you are.
AT – What about a coffee maker?
PG – Yes we have a coffee maker in all the rooms.
AT – I know that but I want a full size coffee pot not one of those small ones!
PG – I am sorry lady that is all we have for the rooms is the smaller size coffee pots.
AT – I understand what is normally in there..but I want you to make sure there is a full size coffee pot.
PG – I wish I could even say I was sorry but no there will not be a full size coffee pot.
AT – I am not going to ask again; please tell your manager what my expectations are and I am not going to be calling again and I do not want to be disappointed when I get there.
PG – You are not going to call again? OMG that would be amazing ; can you please put that in writing? Now please call another hotel as we no longer want your business. Have a Spectacular day ! CLICK…

Ok since I could only hear the AT’s side of the story; I played the roll of what the PG should have said. I am sure he was much more patient then I would have been.
I hope you enjoyed my re-enactment of the joy I deal with on a day to day basis.


Until next time…..living the dream one day at a time as the world turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment