Thursday, March 17, 2011

The story of my penance

I realize have not been real consistent the last few weeks with writing this blog. For a while I was just way to busy and then I just fell out of the rhythm. I also started listening to my sports talk radio every morning which is when I would get most of my motivation from the geniuses that I work with regularly. Well I am back sitting in my 4x4 zone of happiness today after attending a 5 hour training seminar yesterday. These training seminars include a wide variety of companies and people that do the same job as I do as well as attorneys as we all need a certain amount of hours to keep our licenses. So as you can probably imagine there are tons of geniuses at a place like this; the typical talking to themselves and asking questions so the rest of the room realizes how smart they are. I on the other hand never speak up at these meetings as I prefer to sit back and listen and let people inspire me. It is these people give me so much to talk about and I was excited to get some fresh things to write about. After all everybody is likely sick and tired of reading about the “air talker” or the brown noser. So I am sitting at a table surrounded by about 6 women and several of them are my friends as well as a couple of them who I have seen around town but have no good feelings or bad feelings towards them at all.  So here I am with my pen in my hand ready to take notes;  now to clarify I am not ready to take notes from whatever in the heck the speaker is talking about but I am looking for fresh blood. Somebody who is going to say something so intelligent that I am going to fall out of my seat and day dream about being as smart as them one day. Well obviously I do not have the luck of the Irish as all I hear is the “air talker” a few feet behind me talking to herself agreeing with the speaker like she was a lady in church agreeing with the sermon. Well that that is not all I heard actually; in fact I am hearing a lady interrupt the speaker over and over and ask questions mostly very basic. I believe it is probably because she wants people to know how smart she is and well she sure did that. Now we have all been told the lie since we were kids that there is no such thing as a dumb question. I beg to differ; this lady asked dumb question after dumb question till finally the ladies I was sitting at my table says to me and I quote “Who would hire that lady?” Now I kind of wanted to slide under the table or run for the door; assuming my bad knees and big belly would not get in the way.
I however did not do this; I had to step and make a confession after a full day of me rolling my eyes and shaking my head.  Fantasizing in my head about various ways to end my life; as anything was better than sitting there listening to this lady interrupt over and over again and with questions only a genius would know to ask. I looked this stranger directly in the eyes and said “she works with me”. Her response “I am so sorry, I will pray for you”. She however does not know me very well and she did not realize that working with these people is my penance for all the wrong I have done in my life.  All of the people that have read this blog some what regularly will know the person as the “brown noser”. So to clarify I go to a meeting with all kinds of people that could have stepped up and been sucker; but NO the only ones to do this are the ones I work with day in and day out. This is when I knew I had a lot more Hail Mary’s to say before my penance was done.
On another note today is St. Patrick’s Day; the day where amateurs will go and drink watered down green beer. However the people that do not need an excuse to drink on a week night will chase Jack Daniels with a shot of Bushmills. Whatever is your choice to go with tonight just be safe and never stop looking for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
Until next time……living the dream one day at a time as the world turns.

1 comment: