Monday, January 24, 2011

not related to the office...just a walk down memory lane!

It is Monday morning and I am feeling pretty good; got up and went for a walk this morning and still made it to work a half hour early. That is right I just patted myself on my back unfortunately as I am getting older I think I just threw my shoulder out.
Getting older is kind of a funny thing; now let me say this I know there are people older than me and they will say I am just a baby. However keep in mind it is all relative.

My mind has not seemed to change over the years; heck I could still be 21 if my aching knees, shoulders and back say otherwise. I guess what got me thinking about age and how time flies besides the fact my knees are not happy with me right now. Is I received an email letting me know about a 20 year high school class reunion! I initially thought there is no way this was intended for me as I graduated from high school only a few years ago. Maybe this was meant for my dad or my older brothers as there is no way my 20 year reunion is here already. So I had to start doing some major mathematic calculations to check if I was the right person. Ok lets see if I still remember how to do math without a calculator; 2011-1991= 20 HOLY CRAP it was for me! I can hardly believe it; it is time to put this thing in reverse. The funny thing is the email I received was from Cajon high school in Sanbernardino, CA. I only went to this school as a freshman; however the email did clarify that you did not have to graduate from the school only have gone there from the 87/88 year up to 1991. So for me it is not 20 years since I went to this school it is like 24 years. I cannot imagine I would even remember a person and not honestly sure I would want to. My memories from my freshmen year are getting beat up by a couple of car loads of thugs. Then thinking I was tougher than I actually was and starting a fight with this guy for no apparent reason and him kicking my but so bad that both eyes were swollen shut. Oh yeah and I also remember ditching 5 period everyday and drinking booze and making out with this one girl who gave me a necklace of hickies. Uhm..yeah not proud of that part. The funny thing is I do not think this girl and I ever spoke while we were at school only during lunch and 5th period. Ha; kind of funny now that I think back. Well I was also in drama as a freshman where I was in Father knows best and A Charlie brown Christmas. Those were some pretty fun times; plus the girls would change outfits right in front of me so I saw bra from time to time. Yeah I just said it; could not help myself as I go down memory lane. Well that was my last year in the public school system as I transferred to a private school where all my life long friends were at. I will save those memories for some other time. Well thanks for letting me take a trip down memory lane where I saw a skinny; pimple faced kid who thought he was way tougher, smarter and good looking than he actually was. Not to far off from how I see myself now days, fatter, dumber and uglier than ever.

Until next time……………living the dream one day at a time as the world turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment