Friday, January 21, 2011

A true story and a conversation to boot...

Friday afternoon and a bit later than I usually write these things; however something really strange happened this morning and I figured I would just go with it. I started working when I came into the office. I know this sounds amazing and almost like a big fish story that I might tell. However I swear it is true; if I am not being truthful may I be struck with an eternal hangover. Skip that last part but just take my word for it.  
However there are a few things that should be brought to attention of the masses. There was fog in Fresno today and I knew this before I walked in the door this morning however I over heard some major conversations about the Fog. You would think by the reaction that this never happens; let me assure you Fog and Fresno go together like peanut butter and jelly. Not that odd of an event and small note of it in passing is the proper response. For instance my friend told me she did not want to take the freeway to work as the fog was too thick. She was not overly animated she was not waving her arms around and was comparing it to the rapture. We quickly moved onto the next topic again this is how this should have happened.
This brings to me a conversation that happened yesterday between myself and the Air Talker. Now most of you that have been reading this for the last few months know that I do not normally speak with the air talker I just hear what she has to say by the fact that sound travels. I wrote yesterday about the case of the missing forks..duh duh duh. I also mentioned that the ladies were having a baby shower and decided to go with a Mexican theme food wise. To get to the story about the conversation I quickly will take you back a couple of weeks when I was asked by the Air Talker if I was going to participate in the pot luck baby shower. Now people that know me also know I never participate in pot lucks in the work place. I could go into several reasons why, but mostly I just don’t want to eat a lot of these people’s food cause if their kitchens are as clean as their hands. (well enough said). I told her no I was not participating and she decided to tell me what she was bringing for the pot luck. A Chili and Pasta dish; I told her I have never heard of a pasta and chili dish before and thought maybe she was speaking about spicy peppers like jalapeƱo’s and the like since it was a Mexican theme. I was wrong! She was mixing chili(like chili beans) and pasta. I quickly said does not sound like Mexican food to me. She informed me it was good and it was Mexican food. I politely said ok and walked away. Now to yesterdays conversation, I must say I started this as I was feeling a bit ornery.(true)
Me…so how did the Chili Pasta turn out?
AT….I did not make it, when I talked to a few people about it I got weird looks so I decided to do brownies.  For some reason my food never gets eaten when I bring it in; and I know I am a good cook.
Me…You are a good cook? I wonder why your food does not get eaten?
AT…Yes I am a good cook, I cook for my family all the time and they tell me I am a good cook!
Me….Have you ever seen American Idol?
AT…(Half smile; odd silence) Yes..
ME…Ok just asking.

Happy Friday everybody have a great weekend!

Until next time…..living the dream one day at a time as the world turns.

2 comments:

  1. well said! Love the reponse are so quick on the draw with your smart ass responses...

    Now trying to remember if you ate the food I brought to the Christmas party at your place.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...Why thanks Alisa:)

    of course I did you are a great cook!

    ReplyDelete