Thursday, January 20, 2011

A thief among us???

There are some things you come to expect working in a semi professional office. You expect people to civil towards each other. You would expect people to clean up after themselves. You would expect people to dress with some sort of pride. You would expect your personal things to be safe sitting in your zone of happiness. Well ha ha whoever “you” are is completely wrong! Don’t get me wrong there are some people who dress to come to work and there are some people that go out of their way to be civil to others and even most of the people(I think) would leave a hundred dollar bill sitting in somebody else’s cubicle if it did not belong to them. However there is somebody lurking in the background who likes to take and steal and probably say mean things about people! Ok I really do not know that for a fact however there are facts that I do know. Stuff is always coming up missing around here. First there was a $5 dollar bill taken right out of somebody’s zone of happiness and later turned to a zone of bitterness. Then my Ray Ban’s were taken right out of my cubicle! Stop the forking presses somebody had the nerve to steal from me don’t they know who I am? Well probably not seeing how I barely know who I am; but seriously we had the $5 and my sunglasses taken right here in the office.
Now I was willing to let these things slide; I mean between the sunglasses and the fiver we are only looking at a couple hundred dollars and that is not going to break to many people. After yesterday I can no longer over look the major issue and not because I am crying over my Ray Ban’s but I was dragged into the biggest mystery of all. No I am not talking about the cookies and pies that come up missing as often as my beer bottles come up empty. I am talking about the “Case of the missing Forks” duh duh duh!
Kind of reminds me of an old Agatha Christy movie or for the younger generation like an episode of Inspector Gadget. However it quickly turns into a comic of “Family Circus” as nobody knows anything and everybody says “not me”. (Does that comic still show up on Sunday morning comics?) All of a sudden a series of email are flying here in the office of how all the plastic and metal forks have gone missing. Seriously I am not kidding not a word was said about my Ray Bans and a hush about the five dollar bill but we called Homeland security over some forking forks! So apparently they have been looking for the 80 missing forks and these are not like fine china or anything and the plastic forks missing? Again I say seriously? Does anybody keep a little white plastic fork after they use it? I thought they were plastic and disposable? I am no genius but I am going to come to the conclusion that somebody around here is a hoarder and likes to take things home.
If I could look them directly in the eye right now I would pull of my best Mel Gibson and say “GIVE ME BACK MY SON..oops I mean FORKS”
Well to save the day I bought a couple of boxes so all the ladies at the baby shower today were not eating there horribly white versions of Mexican food with their fingers.  My evidence is below!!


Until next time…… living the dream one day at a time as the world turns.

2 comments: