Wednesday, February 9, 2011

She just got blogged!

I am sitting here trying to focus on getting this job done; head phones are on and I am listening to the Dan Patrick show. However somehow the outside world here at the office pierces right through the radio show I am listening to and this horrible shrieking with no real purpose just totally ruins my momentum. It was at this point I decided to write this today and this woman has earned the wrath of my blog! As I now call it; she is officially blogged! This lady has always interrupted conversations and she has always butted in where she does not belong; however in what should be the quiet hours here at the office she is not interrupting my thoughts. The quiet hours as I like to call it is between 7am and 9am where my phone is not ringing off the hook, I am not being asked about bills being processed or a person telling me I do not understand how much pain they are in and how I just do not care.  There is no earthly reason for her to talk and I mean ever. In the two years I have known this lady; I have never walked away and learned something new from her. I have never thought to myself; wow now that was an interesting conversation. Not the time she asked me if I was making coffee as I was pouring the water into the coffee pot and not the time she was attempting to explain her “Mexican chili pasta”. Certainly not this morning and of course I am not even having a conversation with her; she is carrying on her own conversation. Now we all talk to ourselves from time to time, usually a slight whisper or just a thought that you let slip out of your mouth. However do you talk, no scratch that; do you shriek so loud to yourself that you want everybody within a 5 mile radius to hear you? I am quite surprised our windows have not broken from the high pitch noise that comes out of her mouth. If she needs to talk to herself; is there a reason she cannot just whisper to herself. I wonder if she thinks somebody is going to jump right into the conversation with her. I do feel sorry for this lady; trust me I have made a fool of myself and regretted things I have said many times in my life. Thank goodness this does not happen ever day. In her case she could talk to her stuffed animal Odie, the office pet and that would be way less annoying.
This morning I was in my supervisor’s office telling her how glad I was that she has been coming in early this week so she could hear what I hear on a regular basis. Right as I am doing this she walks right into the office and sits down and starts talking literally as words are coming out of my mouth. I do not even know how to respond to this; so I just stop in mid sentence and walk out of the office. I hope maybe she will get the hint; however I am pretty sure she is just too oblivious to understand. As I wrote yesterday; I work here and it continues to be my choice to stay here so I will just grin and bare it and turn my head phones up louder. 
Ok, now that I got that off my chest maybe I can get back to work. This is supposed to be my short week however I will be here slaving away on Friday instead taking my day off. That is the kind of guy that I am super dedicated and in love with my 4x4 zone of happiness.
Thanks for checking in and reading as I just had to vent this morning. It helps me keep as sane as I can; well if I have any sanity left!

Until next time……..living the dream one day at a time as the world turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment