Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A tribute to man in the tie...

Well it has been a full week since I last wrote; the last couple of weeks were pure misery. I was like a walking zombie here at the office just going through file after file. When you reach that point nothing is funny not even the 4 hour seminar where we were supposed to be inspired to answer our phones and not let them go to voice mail. Seriously a sales coach was teaching us to be positive and to answer our phones and to be the best we can be. The speaker was entertaining and had I not been a zombie he might have been slightly funny. Although I honestly do not see that as any help for our jobs here; he is in sales that is what he does and that is almost polar opposite from what I do here. I however will give my company props for attempting to inspire and motivate I found the idea behind it to be much more inspiring then the actual seminar itself.

Well we have another sad moment here at the office as “the man in the tie” is moving on to work for another company. We will miss his antics around here as he inspired us to….
Well never mind but he did entertain us but I must say I am happy for the man and wish him nothing but the best.
This does leave a hole here in the office and things may get all unbalanced; I am afraid that the annoying people will way outweigh the fun and funny people. The air talking will reach levels never heard by man kind; the sighs will reach the level of the great Charlie Brown and I am afraid the office will look that much uglier with the snazzy ties and cuffed sleeves and the unbuttoned top button on the shirt like he was in a 1980 movie.
We will be outnumbered now as the brown noser will take center stage; as nobody could stop the air talking and the brown nosing better with carefully placed dig. His sarcasm was always perfectly timed and his view points of the office here always had me rolling.
So I guess we will have to see who steps up and takes his place as I prefer to keep in the shadows and out of the spot light. I prefer to keep my jabs silent but if somebody does not rise to the occasion I may have to put on my Clark Kent disguise and take the roll on. We cannot let the evil and the annoying overtake us fun loving and work when we have to types. I for one will stand up for what is right………..will you??


Until next time…….living the dream one day at a time as the world turns.

1 comment:

  1. Superb... Congrats to the man in the tie... he's off to help another office out of its day to day misery... wished I would've read this last week, didn't do much due to the flu & diverticulitus... keep Your head up Chris...

    ReplyDelete